Pages

Labels

Tuesday 9 July 2013

The wonder of TED.

Hello,
Very short post this week as I am snowed under with work - plus the sun is shining and the sandy shores of Sandbanks are at the bottom of my garden and are calling out to me! 

Have you come across the wonder of TED yet? I'm probably way behind the times but after a friend sent me a video link from it I've been hooked ever since. 
So what is TED? .....
TED is: "a non profit website devoted to Ideas worth spreading. It started out as a conference bringing people together from three worlds: Technology, Entertainment and Design. Since then its scope has become even broader." 
TED is now a global website where people from all over the world have their talks and ideas published via global conferences. 

It is a brilliant place to broaden your ideas, learn something new and see and hear about the world from a different perspective. 

I have been watching videos about a wide range of topics from the criminal justice system, to the anti-trafficking movement (which I wholeheartedly support, to areas of Occupational Therapy. 
One talk which I found particularly interesting and moving is linked below. It is by a lady called 

Faith Jegede and is titled: What I’ve learned from my autistic brothers. I hope you can find the time to watch it.


Happy TED exploring people, and happy OTuesday!
Kate 



No comments:

Post a Comment